Tuesday

Memorial Weekend

I have a lot to be thank for this Memorial Holiday. I am officially in remission and I'm on the right track to getting better.

I happen to have a great family. Family has taken care of me in one way or another for the last 9 months. Everyone has pitched in when and where they can.

There is one person who has been here for four months, putting her life on hold for us. We could not have managed without Leigh and her support. Leigh quit grad school to come take care of all of us. I can't thank her enough. She has taken over as mother, cook, teacher, tutor and maid.

I originally thought I could take care of everything during chemo. Now I know that without the daily help of Leigh I would have failed miserably. I thought I was strong but to my dismay I am really not that strong. The only thing I had strength for was to survive.

This Memorial weekend is going to be bittersweet with Leigh leaving but also for us to start new. We could have not ever managed without Leigh. We will miss her terribly.

Thank you my dear.

Apey

2 comments:

Erin said...

Yeah! We love Leigh. Don't worry I will try to fill in her shoes as best as I can. On second thought, Leigh you better stay.

gowen said...

I am so proud of all the family when ever we have had the unexpected all family rallies and does there best to help. Seem like the last few years have been very hard to except life changes so quickly.
Thanks again Leigh
We love you all ...