Thursday

The Big One!

OK, so I didn't want to celebrate a monumental birthday this year. At least not yet. Today is my 40th birthday and so far it has not been the best of years. I wanted to celebrate my birthday this summer when I am all finished with chemo. That way I can celebrate both, the big 40 and cancer free (we are hoping).

My family had other ideas. Emily came down to take me to chemo. Leigh and Maci made and brought awesome brownies for all the chemo patients. My dad and mums came down to spend the day. Bens parents and Charlynny came to see me. Ben took Kira out of school early (she was so excited) to visit. Even my friend Julie who is going through chemo too came on her non-chemo day. I received 3 vases of flowers, 2 sets of balloons, some sweet presents and lots of love.
Ben also took me to eat at the Training Table. When I was working, my lunch tradition was always Training Table. I haven't been in 3 years. It was great, I missed it.

After dinner Ben took me to get a new phone. I lost a very nice new phone at the hospital in January before chemo. It wasn't turned in so we canceled the phone. Someone found it and downloaded tons of music until Verizon stopped it a month later. So now someone has a nice music player with no phone capabilities. I activated my old phone and it finally died today. I ended up getting a great deal on a new phone. Hopefully I won't lose this one.

Then Ben took me to Chili's for take out. One of the best desserts on the planet is Molten Lava Cake. To my surprise he bought 3 cakes. We took them home to celebrate with the girls and Leigh. I opened my other presents and tucked the girls into bed. What could be better?

I had such a good day with people I love and cherish. The only thing I need to celebrate now is finishing chemo.

I am a very lucky girl, YES I'M STILL A GIRL. I have a wonderful husband, girls and family. I could not ask for more, except for one little thing. Give me more time...

2 comments:

Erin said...

I am glad you enjoyed your birthday. See turning 40 can be fun.

Julienne said...

that brings back a lot of memories. Training Table was always the birthday lunch and it seemed like we never missed an excuse for Chocolate Molten Cake! The best thing ever. Delicious. Now you got me craving one. I'm glad that you had a good birthday. I tried texting you but obviously with a bad phone you didn't get it. Hopefully you will soon be cancer free.